Mostly people take soda as a soft drink. One of the most famous drinks among people of various age groups. People are just addicted towards soda; they don’t give any attention about its side effects. Below is the list of harmful effects of drinking soda:
- Soda is just a addition of empty calories which is not healthy from health point of view.
- Soda contains many chemicals which can lead you to feel dehydrated.
- Soda is a mixture of high sugar & fructose corn syrup, which can be a reason for excessive weight gain and heart rate.
- You can become a soda addicted because it contains caffeine content.
- Caffeine absorbs the calcium from bones which increase the chances of your weak bone.
- Excessive soda intakes can make you feel insomnia, stress, restlessness etc.
- Excess drinking of soda can affect your dental health and damage dental cavities as it contains sugar & acid in high rate.
Hot Cup of Tea Increase Throat Cancer Risk
British Medical Journal has published a new study that the people who drink hot cup of tea has higher risk of throat cancer than who prefer a cool cup. Generally alcohol and smoking are linked with oesophagus cancer but study shown that hot drinks can also be a reason of throat cancer.
To get more detail about it, Iranian researchers visited to Golestan province. This area has one of the highest rates of oesophageal cancer in world. People drink large quantities of hot black tea more than a litre (1.8 pints) per day per person. Reza Malekzadeh lead a team of Digestive Disease Research Centre at Tehran University of Medical Sciences who diagnosed 300 people with a throat cancer and a matched group of 571 healthy people of same area.
People who drank hot tea (between 65-69 degrees Celsius) were likely to develop a throat cancer twice in comparison with those who drank warm tea (temperature less then 65 C). Those who had very hot tea (70 C, 158 F) was leading to an eightfold increased risk.
Previous studies show that average temperature 56-60 C to drink a cup of tea. You should wait at least four minutes before drinking a boiled cup. The study has proved that there is no link between the consumed amount of tea and the risk of throat cancer.