Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Best Natural Hair Care

Healthy hair is important for looking your best. Dry and brittle, or flat and dull--no one wants those to be the description of their locks.

Particularly as we age, our hair needs to be babied. In the midst of a busy life as a wife, mom, and writer--I don't have the time or the money to spend on expensive hair care regimes. I like simple and effective means to keep my brunette tresses looking "effortlessly" their best.

Hence, I want to share with you my SECRET recipe for great, naturally-cleaned, deep moisturized hair using, totally green, natural cleaning products, that get the job done beautifully and well within my budget.

Best Hair Care Treatment:

For Shampoo:
I wash my hair in African Black Soap imported from Togo. I get the soap ball wet and lather it in my hands, wash my hair, and then rinse with water. African Black Soap has such a gentle, natural, nutty aroma and it is a rich, natural moisturizer.

For the first rinse, I rinse my hair in a fresh Yucca solution, leave it on briefly, and then rinse off with water. This is a strengthening rinse and will make your hair have a natural, youthful sheen.

(This is a Native American Recipe from the Navajo Tribe)

Yucca Rinse Recipe:
Purchase fresh yucca root at the grocery store, usually very cheap, located near pineapples.
Cut off a 3 inch slice. Remove the brown skin coating.
Crush up the skinned yucca root to a grainy pulp.
Put into a small muslin/cotton drawstring bag or a clean knee-high and tie in a knot.
Add the yucca bag to 1 cup of water in a 2 cup container.
Swish around briefly and let sit 10-15 mins.
The yucca solution will turn cloudy and opaque.
Add 1 cup hot water to the yucca solution to give it some warmth, then rinse your hair with it.
Slowly dump the yucca solution on your head and work into your hair.
Leave on briefly, 2-3 mins., and rinse off with water.
Hang the yucca bag up to dry out thoroughly.
You can reuse the same yucca 3-4 times, if completely dried between uses so that it doesn't spoil.

For a second and final rinse, I use diluted white vinegar:

White Vinegar Cleansing/Conditioning Rinse:
Mix 1 cup white vinegar with 1 cup hot water.
Rinse your hair with it and work into hair with your fingers. Avoid getting it in your eyes.

This rinse will clean your hair from any pollution, toxins, and soapy residue from previous detergent-shampoos. The diluted vinegar also is a great softener for hair.

Leave on briefly 1-2 mins. then rinse with water.

If your hair tends to be dry, after towel drying your hair you can add straight olive oil to the ends of your hair and style as usual.

This hair care system has saved me tons of money and helps my hair look THE best that it ever has! Try it--It is a Natural Cleaning Star!!


No comments:

WordLinx - Get Paid To Click